Upper Keys Real Estate Articles
The Importance Of Doing A Personal Financial Assessment
The importance of doing a personal financial assessment simply can’t be overstated. It’s not just about how much money you earn. Or even about how much debt you’ve accumulated. But, it’s an invaluable tool to better understand and manage your finances in every single aspect of your life. So, read on to learn more about the benefits of conducting a personal financial assessment.
The importance of doing a personal financial assessment is far more than pinpointing exactly where you stand right now, but also, are likely to go in the future. Not only that, but it also gives you critical insight into your own habits, which allows you to make better decisions when it comes to large purchases, and even everyday costs. Here are four compelling reasons to performing a personal financial assessment:
- A personal financial assessment gives you important information about where you stand right now. When people look at their overall budget, they usually don't see too much cause for alarm. But, the devil is in the details. Dig into those figures and see exactly how much you spend just on food alone, including groceries and restaurants, and it's probably about double what you believe. This is only one example of people's personal misconceptions about their own finances. They tend to overestimate their income and underestimate their living expenses.
- A personal financial assessment allows you to better plan for the near future. Once you see the numbers laid out in detail, you'll probably feel surprised and most likely a bit bewildered and confused. This is due to the fact that too many people do not keep detailed tracks of their spending and this is where it's hard to plan for the future, even just a month or two out. By undergoing this exercise, you'll be able to see what's most important and what's least important over the course of the next week and even a month or two.
- A personal financial assessment offers a road map to your ultimate retirement. Obviously, when people think of doing this, they think about planning for their future many years from now. While that's certainly an aspect of the exercise, it also gives you the ability to set specific goals to meet incrementally along your way to retirement.
- A personal financial assessment lets you take control of your life in more ways than one. Lastly, by doing this, you're giving yourself more control over your money than ever before. Suddenly, you'll have a clear picture of exactly where you stand and can make necessary adjustments, which gives you a real sense of empowerment.
Advantages of Using A Local Real Estate Team To Buy Or Sell A Home
The advantages of using a local real estate team to buy or sell at home might not be self-apparent. That's okay because there are some distinct benefits to using a localized team in order to purchase or sell a residential property. If you are currently in the real estate market to either sell your house or buy one, whether it's for the first time or you've done it before, a local team of professionals will certainly be advantageous to protecting your best interests.
The advantages of using a local real estate team to buy or sell a home are quite compelling once they are known. First and foremost, is their knowledge of the local market itself, which is a huge benefit when dealing with real estate, because it is so localized. For instance, an average three-bedroom, two-bathroom home with a pool will be worth a completely different amount of money if it's in a regular residential neighborhood than if it was in a resort-type area, such as on the beach or in the mountains. Local real estate professionals understand that location has everything to do with value, and also know the vibes and dynamics of neighborhoods themselves.
Another advantage is having someone who can respond quickly when needed. A local team will be beneficial because there's always someone ready to be there when needed if you are buying or selling a property. Additionally, having a team means having people with specialized skill sets. For example, one member of the team might be a very strong negotiator, while the other is more proficient at marketing.
Obviously, a localized team will know the area at large, and will be able to judge important factors, including work commute times, access to wanted amenities, like restaurants and shops, as well as other important things, such as nearby schools, and churches. Moreover, a local real estate team will also be beneficial, whether buying or selling, because they are able to gauge the micro-economic environment, which will help to determine your overall strategy.
What's more, a local real estate team can be advantageous if you are buying or selling because they too have different personalities, which can help with situations in which there are a variety of people on the other side, namely the sellers or buyers. Also, a local team will have established relationships with other professionals, such as home inspectors, contractors, and more.
Tips On Furnishing A Vacation Rental In The Florida Keys
Tips on how to furnish a vacation rental in the Florida Keys can mean the difference between keeping the property leased as much as possible, and struggling to find vacationers who will pick your particular property. Yes, the furnishings and staging at Large really do matter that much. It's not only a way to express the welcomeness and comfort of a property but also, making it appear fully functional as well. So, read on to learn some of the best strategies for furnishing a vacation rental in the Florida Keys.
Tips about how to best furnish a vacation rental property in the Florida Keys begin with a very simple, yet complex goal. That is, how to make the space as inviting as possible while still demonstrating its versatile functionality. In other words, staging it in such a way that it is appealing both to the emotional aspect of relaxing, while also appealing to the practical elements of day-to-day life.
When furnishing any vacation rental, it is extraordinarily important to give it a strong first impression. Statistically speaking, people form that first impression within 7 to 10 seconds of seeing a property, whether it be in person or online. If you're competing with other vacation properties in the Florida keys, it will require a very strong impression. Here are some helpful tips about how to furnish a vacation rental property in the Florida Keys:
- Consistent style. Since the property is located in an island chain, The motif should reflect the environment outside. Meaning, a beach or nautical theme. Obviously, it is best not to mix in any other styles, such as a southwestern theme, or mountain motif.
- Multi-use furniture. Most guests will appreciate furnishings that can be used for more than one purpose. This does two things to help you rent the property. First, it appeals to the overall function of the space. And second, it allows you to make the most of the space, which gives it a sense of appearing bigger than it actually is.
- Provide daily necessities. Some rental property owners make the mistake of offering their houses without providing their gas basic necessities. So, be sure to stock up on basic toiletries, extra towels, and even other little things, such as sunscreen. Be sure to include these items in the property description so potential guests know about them.
If the property features a consistent style theme, has plenty of multi-use furniture, and offers those little special extras, it will rent more often than the competition.
Islamorada, The Fishing Capital Of The World
Islamorada, “The Fishing Capital Of The World,” isn’t just a marketing slogan. Also known as the purple islands, or village of islands, Islamorada is nicely situated in the island archipelago known as the Florida Keys. Here, tourism is among the largest industries, and propelling it is the subtropical climate, natural beauty of the area, as well as all the recreational opportunities. But, one recreation stands above them all in the area, and that's why Islamorada is known as the “Sportfishing capital of the world.”
Islamorada, “The Fishing Capital Of The World,” is a really apt description of the area and what it actually offers. Here, there are literally dozens, if not scores or hundreds, of species of fish. Although, many people who travel to the area do so to try their angling skills against some of the fiercest known fighters. These species include, but are not limited to: marlin, tuna, mahi-mahi, sailfish, kingfish, wahoo, swordfish, amberjack, and more.
Better still, there is a lot more to do on the water in the islands of Islamorada. For instance, both visitors and locals alike enjoy scuba, snorkeling, paddle boarding, sailing, kayaking, and just waiting in the surf and or, shore fishing. (However, just about everyone is a fan of the gorgeous sunsets here, as well as the breathtaking sunrises.)
Additionally, there are plenty more activities in and around Islamorada. These include relaxing pursuits, such as arts and culture, live entertainment, hiking, camping, and, of course, shopping and dining. But, the biggest draw to the area is its fishing prowess.
Here in Islamorada, there's no shortage of fishing options. Whether you like to cast a line off the shore or go out into the deep blue water, it's all here and waiting. There is no shortage of charter options, including half-day adventures, 8-hour expeditions, and even some other opportunities, such as night fishing. For those who like a different adventure, spearfishing is also something that people can try out. Of course, if you're an amateur, there are plenty of seasoned guides around that can help you reel in the big catch.
As you can plainly see, there's a good reason Islamorada is billed as the fishing capital of the world. Here, you can take to the water just about every day of the year, thanks to the sublime climate and its accommodating weather. Meaning, practically no matter of time or season you visit throughout the year, you'll be able to enjoy the water and experience fishing adventures of a lifetime.
Advantages Of Owning A Vacation Rental In Islamorada
The advantages of owning a vacation rental in Islamorada Florida are nearly too numerous to list in one article. Fortunately, we can detail the top benefits of owning a vacation rental home in the Florida Keys and what it means to your overall wealth asset portfolio and future. So, take a moment to read on to learn about the biggest advantages of owning a vacation property in Islamorada.
The single biggest advantage of owning a vacation rental house in the Florida Keys is that it is a proven tourist destination. Every year, hundreds of thousands of people visit the Florida Keys for rest and relaxation. Given the subtropical climate, people can visit any time of year and still enjoy wonderful weather. This is what makes the Florida Keys such a great destination, because there's warm weather, even in the winter months, and sunshine almost every single day of the year.
But, that's certainly not all. Being in a highly desirable area, on a tropical island paradise no less, and real estate garners much more value. It's really all about the three biggest factors in real estate, which are, of course, location, location, and location. That translates into higher property values, greater levels of appreciation, and therefore, premium rental rates.
Of course, there are other benefits of owning a vacation rental in Islamorada Florida, like the following:
- Real property is a real asset. Property investors know that real estate brings a strong return on investment. It has a very long track record of providing steady profits when flipped or rented, and when held, nice levels of appreciation.
- Location is everything. When you hold a vacation rental in the Florida Keys, you own a very highly desirable piece of property. And that means being able to charge premium lease rates for said property. Those rates are good during the fall and winter months but especially attractive during the spring and summer seasons.
- Lower and fewer taxes. One of the most attractive things about the state of Florida, other than its fantastic weather, is its relatively low property tax rates. Plus, if you live in the Sunshine State as a full-time resident, you won't pay a state income tax on those rents you charge. That's because Florida does not have a state income tax.
- Leverage and convenience. Owning real property means having leverage for future buys to add to your real estate portfolio. Plus, when you're not renting, you have a dedicated getaway spot all to yourself.
Islamorada Real Estate Forecast 2021
The Islamorada residential real estate forecast for 2021 is estimated to continue its upward trend in home values. This, after posting a gain of nearly three percent through the previous year of 2020. During that time, residential values rose significantly to put the median home price to just over $860k last year. However, due to the onset of the global pandemic and subsequent shutdowns, one key element remains unknown that could result in a negative impact on the microeconomy. Read on to learn more about the Islamorada residential real estate forecast for 2021.
The Islamorada residential real estate forecast for 2021 is now expected to add additional value to the overall market, including single-family residences, condos, townhouses, and villas. Over the past half-decade, home prices in Islamorada have steadily climbed upward. For instance, in January 2015, the average home price in the village stood at right around $656,000. That number spiked to $789k by October of the same year and rose to $852k by June of 2019. The upward trajectory continued to reach $864,900+ by the end of last year, 2020.
Just over the course of the past twelve months, the median home price in the community of Islamorada rose by approximately 2.8%, a trend that’s expected to continue but at a slightly larger amount. At this time, economists and industry experts alike believe home values will increase by 3.4%, which would raise the average home to about $894,340+ by the end of 2021.
This is certainly good news for homeowners, sellers, and current property investors who already hold real property assets in and around the village of Islamorada. It also presents an opportunity for buyers, who can take advantage of still affordable prices, along with near historic low-interest rates in order to call the community home.
However, there is one unknown factor that has the potential to have a huge impact on the residential real estate market. This is the near absence of distressed properties or foreclosures and short sales. Because of the pandemic and shutdowns, moratoriums were placed on many legal proceedings. This is why there is effectively no distressed property data to influence the overall residential real estate market. If a flood of distressed properties hits, it will most definitely have a negative impact on the market. But, if reintroduced slowly, the market in Islamorada shouldn’t be affected too much.
Upper Keys Condo Forecast 2021
The Upper Keys condo forecast for 2021 is one that looks bright. Being in one of the most desirable places to live (and visit), the Upper Florida Keys are an actual island paradise with some of the best weather, scenery, recreational activities, shopping, and dining options, in the entire country. Because of these factors, the Upper Keys enjoy some of the best real estate performances. So, read on to learn more about the Upper Keys condo forecast for 2021 to learn what’s expected to occur over the next twelve months.
The Upper Keys condo forecast for 2021 is predicted to bring substantial increases in property values. Over the course of the previous year, property values have risen in the Upper Keys by nearly two percent to reach $679,900+ after a 1.7% boost. That was 2020. Now, in 2021, economists and real estate industry analysts believe that property values will increase by a whopping 9.3% over the course of the next twelve months to hit $743,100+ by the end of 2021. If this forecast holds true, it will certainly constitute a real boon to homeowners and sellers alike. However, it could have a negative impact on buyers.
Since the recovery from the Great Recession, real estate in the Upper Keys has performed quite well. That trend is fully expected to continue throughout the new year. But, the ultimate outcome will partly depend on one key factor -- distressed properties, which include foreclosures and short sales.
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, one measure to help protect homeowners and to help stabilize the economy was to place moratoriums on foreclosures and evictions. The latter is applicable to homeowners who fell behind in their mortgages but also, to property investors who were not able to collect rent.
All of these factors place an artificial impact on the residential real estate market in the Upper Keys and throughout the state of Florida. While the Upper Florida Keys real estate market is expected to enormously increase in value over the next year by almost ten percent, distressed properties could have a strong and negative effect.
Although, if distressed properties do not flood the Upper Keys real estate market in a short period of time, the market will likely absorb the interruption. If the predictions do materialize, this will greatly benefit homeowners and current property investors. Buyers should act quickly in order to take advantage of nearly historically low-interest rates and purchase while prices remain affordable.
Islamorada Cost Of Living 2021
The Islamorada cost of living in 2021 is one that’s actually more affordable than most people would believe. Although it’s in a tropical island paradise, the day-to-day cost of living isn’t really all that expensive. In fact, when the numbers are revealed, people are usually surprised to see how relatively inexpensive it is to live in Islamorada. So, read on to learn more about the specific figures in relation to the cost of living in Islamorada.
The Islamorada cost of living in 2021 isn’t nearly as expensive as you would probably guess. Sure, housing is more expensive than it is in most places on the mainland peninsula of the Sunshine State. But, when compared to other luxury or resort areas, it’s a real contender.
Known as “The Village of Islands,” and billing itself as the “Sport Fishing Capital of the World,” Islamorada is actually a collection of six different islands in the Upper Florida Keys. (These include Tea Table Key, Lower Matecumbe Key, Upper Matecumbe Key, Windley Key, Plantation Key, and Islamorada.) The community of Islamorada is home to approximately 2,880+ households, with nearly 1,700 families, and an overall population of about 6,300+ residents.
Islamorada is one of the most popular destinations in the Upper Keys and throughout the entire chain of islands. That means there’s much competition among those who dream of calling the community home. In order to get a better understanding of the cost of living, we’ll use a national average baseline of 100. So, anything above is more expensive, while anything under is less expensive.
- Transportation. To get around the islands, the cost of transportation comes in with a score of about 78, meaning it’s less expensive than the national average. (It’s also less expensive than the statewide average of 112.)
- Utilities. The cost of electricity and water is also under the national average, with a score of 98, which likewise beats the state score of 101.
- Miscellaneous. For odds and ends, expect to pay right about the same amount, because Islamorada scores just over the national average, with 106.
- Groceries. Food is a bit more expensive here since the community is located on a group of islands. So, the score for groceries is 114, while the national average is right at the baseline figure of 100.
- Healthcare. The cost of healthcare is more expensive than that national figure, scoring 145 in Islamorada.
Housing is the single largest expense, costing over 2 1/2 times that of the national number.
Advantages of Living In The Upper Keys
The advantages of living in the Upper Keys include the fantastic weather, the proximity to Miami, financial incentives, and much more. In fact, once you get into the details of these and other benefits, you'll wonder why you haven't made the move before. It's for these very reasons that roughly a thousand people move to the Sunshine State each and every day. So, read on to learn about the biggest benefits of living in the Upper Keys.
The Advantages of living in the Florida Keys are usually more than enough to entice someone to make the move. Whether you live in the Northeast, Midwest, Northwest, or Southwest, the lure of island living is typically more than people can resist. Better still, it is truly awesome and more so than it seems when you actually experience it. here are the biggest advantages of living in the Upper Keys:
- The weather. Will start with the biggest draw, which is obviously the weather. you don't have to worry about snow and ice or those gloomy, dark days of winter. Here, winter is a foreign concept because temperatures stay very mild throughout the season. This, not to mention the fact that spring and fall are gorgeous and summers are warm and balmy.
- Proximity to Miami. If you're concerned about getting too far away from the trappings of an urban metropolis, Miami is only a short distance away. That makes travel in and out of the Upper Keys very easy. It also means being able to enjoy city nightlife when you're in the mood.
- Big financial benefits. Other than lifestyle benefits, there are financial advantages to living in the Sunshine State. These include relatively low property taxes, asset protection laws, and no state income tax. Plus, property in the Florida Keys boasts solid growth in value, meaning you'll add to your net worth and build your overall wealth with a residence in the area.
- Enjoy the island lifestyle. No matter what you like to do, or when, it's all here in the Florida Keys. And, because the weather is so cooperative, you can enjoy the sunshine almost every day of the year. Whether you like to swim, bike, run, snorkel, fish, golf, paddleboard, kayak, stroll along the beach, hike, sightsee, experience arts and culture, enjoy live entertainment events, or something else, you'll find it all right here in the Upper Keys.
How Florida Homestead Exemption Works
How Florida homestead exemption works can be a bit of a mystery. (This, especially for folks who relocate and aren’t familiar with the rules -- or what they mean.) Basically, the Florida homestead exemption benefit allows residents to deduct a certain amount of their property tax burden, including taxes paid to support local public schools. Obviously, the amount of the exemption is based on the value of the property and is also tied to residency status. Read on to learn more about how the Florida homestead exemption works and what you need to know.
The Florida homestead exemption tax benefit is only applicable to permanent residents of the state and their primary living property. However, dependents also count, meaning that a dependent living full-time in the Sunshine State, and a particular residence, are also eligible. Other than this caveat, there are really no other carve-outs. So, let's take a more detailed look at how the Florida homestead exemption benefit works.
Basically, a permanent resident living in their primary house can take advantage of as much as $50,000 in the homestead exemption. For instance, for the first $50,000 of assessed value, $25,000 is exempt. Then, for any assessed value of a property between $50,000 and $75,000, another $25,000 is also exempt, bringing up to the full homestead exemption limit of $50,000.
Florida Homestead Exemption Requirements
Of course, there are requirements in order to qualify for the entire $50,000 Florida homestead exemption. The first, as mentioned above, is that the applicant is a resident of the Sunshine State. The second requirement is that applicants have lived in the property as of January 1st of that year. Also, the owner must not have rented the property for 30 or more days.
As you can see, the eligibility requirements for the Florida homestead exemption tax benefit are pretty straightforward. However, it's not the only financial benefit to living in the Sunshine State. Other advantages include no state income tax, relatively low property taxes, asset protection benefits, as well as some others.
Applying for the Florida homestead exemption tax benefit is simple. Residents only need to file an application one time and after it is approved, it is automatically renewed annually. Therefore, it is not necessary to reapply year after year. The exemption is also automatically recalculated annually, so residents receive the full $50,000 Florida homestead exemption, for as long as they are permanent residents living in their primary property.
5 Reasons Why Islamorada Real Estate is a Good Investment
There are numerous reasons why Islamorada real estate is a good investment. In fact, it’s possible to go into deep detail, listing a plethora of data as to why. But, for the sake of simplicity and brevity, we’ll focus on the top ones. Read on to learn more about the reasons why Islamorada real estate is a good investment.
Islamorada real estate is among the most desirable in the Florida Keys. Situated between the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean, Islamorada is known as the “Village of Islands,” and is also the sportfishing capital of the world. It combines the allure of a laid-back, island lifestyle with all the modern conveniences. Here are five reasons why Islamorada real estate is a good investment:
- It’s in a prime location. You’ve no doubt heard the old adage that there are three factors about real estate: location, location, location. It’s said because it’s undeniably true. Take a modest, two-bed, two-bath house out of an ordinary neighborhood and place it on a beach. Viola! It’s instantly worth a whole lot more. This is what Islamorada offers, and it does throughout the island chain.
- It has a strong appreciation. Since it’s in such a highly desirable location and because the weather is exquisite, real estate values are strong. That means it appreciates at a greater rate than properties located in areas that aren’t as nearly as desirable. When you own real estate in Islamorada, it will grow in value faster, over a shorter period of time.
- There’s no state income tax. Here’s another huge benefit -- there’s no income tax in the state of Florida. So, if it becomes your primary residence, you can keep more of what you earn.
- The property taxes are relatively low. Sure, property taxes are a bit more expensive in the Keys but are relatively low or comparable to many other parts of the country, as most of the big cities.
- You can charge a premium rental rate. Yet another reason to purchase real estate in Islamorada is the fact that you can earn a passive income by renting it out. And because of its location, you can charge a premium rate.
Here’s a bonus. If it’s not your primary residence, it’s now vacation home. That makes it a home away from home, for whenever you want to get away.
3 Reasons Why Local Real Estate Websites Are Better Than National Ones
Three reasons why local real estate websites are better than national ones: data, no ads, and in-the-know professionals. That's really it, in a nutshell. Whether you are a buyer or a seller, having locals in your corner is the most helpful partnership. Although national entities do have their appeal, ultimately, you need someone with their pulse on the market at a niche level. This will not only save you time and money but also help you to find the right property or market your house more effectively. Read on to learn why it's best to work with local real estate professionals rather than relying on national organizations.
Three reasons why local real estate websites are better than national ones come down to better information, no solicitations, and being paired with local experts. Basically, that's all it comes down to. Regardless if you are buying or selling a residential property, you should know that people familiar and experienced with the local market conditions and trends will deliver better results in the end. Here's why:
- Better local data. You've heard the old saying that real estate is all about three things: location, location, location. And, this is so often repeated because it's undeniably true. take an average house and put it on the beach, and it skyrockets in value. Conversely, take a spectacular luxury property and put it in a dumpy neighborhood, and its value drops drastically. Local real estate professionals know the market in and out, and therefore, can give you a more accurate sense of its dynamics at any given moment. Since they live and work in the community, they know the numbers better than anyone and don't have to rely on out-of-date statistics.
- No distracting advertisements. Here's another reason that national websites don't work as well -- the dreaded advertisements. Although these are a stable of the internet, buyers and sellers alike simply don't like solicitations everywhere they go on the web. A site that's national will be overly broad and not cater to the local market. Even ones that can be customized are limited, and that doesn't bode well for making the right impression.
- Connects buyers and sellers with local professionals. Lastly, national sites are intended to connect the first available, and not necessarily the best choice. because these are largely generic, they often lack the personal touch that's needed in order to establish trust from the beginning.
Upper Florida Keys Recreation
Upper Florida Keys recreation consists of many things to see, do, explore, and experience. From casual to exciting, there’s practically something for everyone. Sure, there’s plenty of sand and surf -- along with gorgeous sunrises and astounding sunsets -- but there’s a whole lot more. Read on to learn more about the Upper Florida Keys recreation.
Upper Florida Keys recreation includes everything from getting out into natural settings to enjoying a show or some arts and culture. That’s right, despite the fact that most people associate the Florida Keys with non-stop parties, there’s a lot more to see and do.
- A plethora of parks. Dagny Johnson Key Largo Hammock Botanical State Park, John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, Windley Key Fossil Reef Geological State Park, Lignumvitae Key Botanical State Park, Indian Key Historic State Park, and San Pedro Underwater Archaeological Preserve State Park, just to name a few. There are many parks to visit and explore here in the Upper Florida Keys, with something for everyone to enjoy.
- Water recreation. Of course, being islands, the Upper Florida Keys recreation ensemble includes no shortage of water recreational opportunities. For instance, paddle boarding, parasailing, kayaking, canoeing, snorkeling, scuba diving, shoreline fishing, sport fishing, sailing, and much more.
- Museums. If enjoying arts and history is more your speed, then you’ll be delighted to go to the Keys History & Discovery Center, the History of Diving Museum, and the Pioneer Museum. (Or, travel south to the other islands to visit others, like the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, Fort East Martello Museum, or Truman Little White House, and more.)
- Live entertainment. It’s not possible to visit the Upper Florida Keys without going to a party of one kind or another. That’s part of the lifestyle here and it’s something you can experience. If wild parties aren’t your thing, there’s also plenty of live entertainment, from street performers to popular headliners, they’re all here.
- Other recreational activities. Horseback riding, biking, hiking, camping, and strolling down winding trails are other things to do here in the Upper Florida Keys. Of course, there’s more, and it’s here to experience practically every day of the year.
No matter what you’re looking for or like to enjoy, it’s all here to experience in the Upper Florida Keys. Better yet, it’s available almost every day due to the nearly non-stop sunshine. Even if you just want to sit on the shore and soak up the sun, the Upper Florida Keys is the perfect place.
Selling a Home? Benefits of Using a Real Estate Team
Selling your home? Then, you definitely need to know the benefits of using a real estate team. Why? Because two heads (or more) are simply better than one. Plus, it’s not only a matter of having more brains in the mix, but more physical bodies to handle all kinds of situations. Read on to learn more about using a real estate team to sell your property.
Selling a home requires you to enter the market with the right approach. That means hiring a local, experienced real estate professional. But, it’s even better to bring in a team to sell your property. While you might think this isn’t necessary or even just too much, when you understand why, you’ll be much more likely to work with a team, rather than a single individual. Here’s why:
- Sell faster. Every real estate agent works with a variety of people, including networking with many different individuals in various professions. That enlarges your pool of potential buyers in a dramatic way. And, you’ll most definitely benefit from more people having eyes on your house.
- Sell for the most money. Some real estate agents are good at locating ideal properties. Others spot potential problems with little to no effort. Still, others are experienced and successful negotiators. When you work with a team, you get the advantage of many helpful skill sets all at once.
- Keep everyone and everything straight. There’s an awful lot of people involved with selling a house, including the home inspector, the appraiser, and more vendors. Even if you’re not the employer (so-to-speak), you need to keep up to date with the latest developments. It’s best to have a dedicated team to stay in the know and in touch with everyone.
- Obtain more traffic through your house. More agents bring more potential buyers, it’s that simple. So, you’ll get more interested parties and this helps to create a sense of urgency and competition. Both of these dynamics will work in your favor, ultimately.
- You don’t have to pay more to get more. You’ll still pay the same amount in sales commissions if you hire one or a group of listing agents. So, you’re effectively getting a lot more for what you pay for and that’s a good thing indeed.
Last but not least, you won’t get lost in the shuffle, as is possible with a single agent trying to serve many different clients at once.
Advantages of Owning a Vacation Rental in The Upper Keys
The advantages of owning a vacation rental in the Upper Keys are actually too numerous to list in one article. But, there are some key benefits that you should definitely know about. For instance, owning a real property means having a substantial asset and that helps to build your personal wealth over the long run. Then, there's a convenience factor, not to mention the potential for a passive income stream via rental payments. So, let's take a look at the biggest benefits of owning a vacation rental property in the Upper Keys.
The advantages of owning a vacation rental in the Upper Keys start with the location, but certainly don't end there. Having your own place in one of the most beautiful locations is certainly a huge thing. But, there is more to know about the advantages of owning a vacation rental house in the Upper Florida Keys, like the following:
- You own a substantial, valuable asset. When you own a house just about anywhere, you have a huge asset in your name and that only adds to your personal wealth, particularly over time as it appreciates.
- The location is ideal. Everyone has heard the old cliche that real estate is all about location, location, location. This is due to the fact that it is inescapably true. Since the keys are a highly desired location, owning real estate there is very beneficial.
- There's real income potential. Of course, the purpose of a vacation rental property is to lease it out. Whether short-term or long-term, it can create a significant income stream that adds to your overall financial situation. and, don't forget there are many tax benefits to owning a rental property, including the ability to write off many of the carry costs.
- It can serve as collateral. Another huge benefit of owning a real property just about anywhere is the fact it can be used as collateral for future acquisitions. Once you own a residence, it can serve to help you procure more over time.
- You'll have a dedicated place to stay. Perhaps one of the best things about owning a house in the Upper Florida Keys is the fact you have a dedicated place to get away whenever you desire. You don't have to worry about finding and securing accommodations, because you have a home away from home to go to whenever you want to escape.
Lastly, you have something to pass on to future generations. Not to mention the fact you have a place to retire when you're ready to slow things down.
As you can see, there are several compelling reasons to own a rental house in the Upper Florida Keys.
Benefits of Living in Venetian Shores Islamorada Florida
There are several benefits of living in Venetian Shores, Islamorada Florida. First and foremost, it’s simply gorgeous. The second is most likely the awesome weather. Following a close, third is the laid-back lifestyle. Although, that isn't by any means the end of the list. Venetian Shores offers much more than just those things. So, let's take a look at some of the biggest advantages of living in Venetian Shores Islamorada Florida.
The benefits of living in Venetian Shores, Islamorada Florida probably begin with the awesome climate. (But, certainly don’t end there.)
Located in the beautiful Florida Keys, Venetian shores is an upscale community that is located in what's known as the "Village of Islands" and is also equally well-known as the Sport Fishing Capital of the World. Islamorada is actually a collection of small keys, with Venetian shores being one of its most desirable communities. And, there are a few good reasons for this. Here are some of the biggest advantages of living in Venetian Shores:
- Fantastic weather. Here, there really is no such thing as winter. Sure, there are cold snaps through the months of January and February, but these are super mild by comparison to the Northeast and Midwest. Spring and fall seasons are nothing less than spectacular and the summers are warm, balmy, and breezy.
- No state income tax. Aside from the weather, there are also financial benefits to living in the Sunshine State. At the top of the list is no state income tax. Plus, property taxes are relatively low.
- Strong property appreciation. Yet another financial benefit is the high property appreciation rate, which substantially outpaces those found in many other parts of the country.
- Plenty of outdoor recreation. Of course, there are all sorts of recreational opportunities in and around the community. Biking, fishing, running, kayaking, paddle boarding, scuba diving, snorkeling, boating, and much more are all here to enjoy.
- No big city stress to suffer. Being a small village typesetting, the environment here is more rural than it is urban and that means no traffic jams, noise pollution, or other types of big-city stress.
Finally living in a year-long tropical island paradise is its own lifestyle return on investment. It makes it all worthwhile to experience what it's like to be on vacation all through the year. So, come and see and enjoy Venetian Shores for yourself, you certainly won't regret living here.
Benefits of Living in Islamorada
The benefits of living in Islamorada are so numerous, it’s quite difficult (if not downright impossible) to list them all. But, there are some key advantages of living in Islamorada in the Florida Keys. Sure, the weather and climate are definitely on the list. However, there are some others you should know about. So, let’s take a look at the benefits of living in Islamorada.
The benefits of living in Islamorada far, far outweigh any downsides. And, that’s not just the rose-colored glasses view, either. People visit here to experience the laid back, tropical island lifestyle. Some like to party heartily. Others prefer adventure. Still, others just want to get away from it all, unwind, and relax. Then, there are many who come to enjoy all three.
Islamorada, or “The Village of Islands” is also known as the sportfishing capital of the world. It’s comprised of five different islands: Tea Table Key, Lower Matecumbe Key, Upper Matecumbe Key, Windley Key, and Plantation Key. It was formally incorporated in November of 1997, previously being a relatively close-knit community.
So, what is there to do and around Islamorada, and what are the advantages of living in the area? Well, it’s probably more than most people think. Here are the top benefits of living in Islamorada:
- The weather. Of course, the weather has to make the list because it’s precisely why most people visit in the first place. The so-called winters are very mild. Summers are warm and balmy but breezy. And, spring and fall are nothing short of fantastic.
- Recreation galore. Here’s where Islamorada delivers and delivers big time. Fishing, hiking, camping, scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing, volleyball, paddleboarding, strolling, sightseeing, the list just goes on, and on, and on. The nightlife is great. There’s also plenty of opportunities to just relax when you want. It’s all here and ready for you to experience.
- Financial advantages. There is no state income tax in the Sunshine State. That means you keep more of what you work so hard to earn. In addition, property taxes are relatively low here, making it even more affordable.
- Health advantages. Now that we’ve delved into the weather and recreation, let’s put the two together. Because there’s so much to see and do, it keeps you on the go. Plus, since there’s no actual winter, residents here aren’t affected by the winter blues or what’s also known as a seasonal affective disorder.